||We did this at Walnut Hills High School, on the
Play this on a kid who is a chronic liar or phony. Ideally your target is
someone who normally sits near you on the bus, in class, or in the lunch room.
- Select a few friends to be in on the gag. The more people involved, the
more effective it is.
- Tell them to laugh hysterically when you deliver the punch line to your
- Wait until your accomplices are in place and the target is listening to
- Tell the unfunny joke, and deliver it like it's pure gold. (See example
- Along with your accomplices, laugh your butt off like it's the funniest
joke ever told.
- Here's the key: Watch the target to see whether he pretends he gets the
joke. If you chose your target wisely, he'll start to laugh too.
- At this point, look at the target and say, "Dude, that joke was
totally not funny!"
- Bask in the glory.
This joke is totally not funny:
Two Eskimos are sitting together at a fishing hole. One Eskimo says to the
other, "Hey will you pass me some bait?"
And the other one says, "What do you think I am, a clock?"